Saturday, February 10, 2007

February Aftermath

After a long absence, I got up early on a Saturday so decided to write a post.

The past couple of weeks and months have been great. School is coming along fine and my summer internship search is basically over. I'm "socializing" more than studying and hope to get more travelling in this term as I have a Schengen visa until June 07.

Classes this term are generally "softer" - Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, etc. - but, equally interesting. Some classes haven't lived up to my expectations yet, but that could be more a frustration with the less analytical topics than poor teaching.

On the internship front, I'm likely accepting an investment banking offer soon. It's not a Corporate Finance/M&A role, which alleviates a lot of the negatives people talk about. I went back and forth, and at one point made a strong push for a real estate role, but in the end, natural selection worked its magic and I'm excited by the opportunity.

School work is there, but I learn most by listening and never miss class, so not stressed. This "logic" fortunately leaves plenty of time for my main hobby, "networking". All joking aside, I have lots of very good friends and think I'm getting a lot more out of business school than many more studious classmates.

Travelling opportunities shaping up are: Turin for skiing, Monaco for Formula 1 race, Paris for MBAT, Germany/Austria for a road trip, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona for an Ultimate tournament, Singapore and India for weddings. Can't beat this part of London. School trips to Russia, South Africa, China/S Korea, Japan, Morocco, Caribbean, Southern Spain, etc. are endless. So far I've been to Marseille, Rome and Venice.

The Windsor (pub attached to school) after first exam...and most evenings.