Saturday, July 22, 2006

UK Student Visa

Happy to report that earlier today I secured my UK student visa at the British General Consulate in Los Angeles. As many others have reported, the process was very easy and hassle free. I wasn’t asked for near as many documents as I was prepared to show and the entire “interview” took less than 10 minutes. I now have a multiple-entry UK student visa valid through November 2008.

With this major checkbox finally ticked, I can finally plan the details of my move. As it stands, I plan on arriving in London on August 6th and staying at ‘University of Westminster Halls-Maryleybone Rd’ for up to 2 weeks (US$30-40/night for single room). During this time, I hope to find 2-3 likeminded flat mates with the help of LBS’ Flat hunting Pub Crawls and to explore the city and surronding countryside a little bit.

I’ll write more later, but in hindsight, the most difficult part of this process was dealing with my own anxieties and LA’s notorious traffic.