Monday, July 17, 2006

After only two weeks…

…I’ve sold most of my belongings at or near what I paid for them using craigslist (perhaps I should take a longer look at sales or marketing). I’ve only got a sofa/chair set and my car left and those are well on their way out. I’ve gone back and forth on selling my golf clubs and am likely going to leave them behind with my girlfriend to see if I will have enough time and money to play while in London.

…I’ve filed my UK student visa application online and made an appointment with the UK embassy in LA for next Friday, July 21st. The mostly positive experience of others has quelled some of my anxieties and I hope to report a similarly positive experience soon. For those just starting down this path, the documents requested for my appointment are:

* completed application form VAF1 and application fee (US$162) * current and old passport or a copy of it * current immigration status papers * evidence of available funds * a certificate confirming you have continuing studies (this is the LBS TWIMC letter) * a letter of enrolment from a recognised UK University giving details about the proposed course. * your educational qualifications or copies of them. * One recent passport photo. *


I’ve scanned most of the above and emailed them to myself, my sister, and my girlfriend incase I ever lose my passport and need proof of them while abroad.

…I’ve gone on a trip to Wyoming and seen many friends for perhaps the last time. It was a good time, but man was the 6 hour drive north from Denver boring. I got a real kick out of one of the bride's brothers who is a professional bull rider (see right side of 2nd picture).


…I’ve had a going away party in Dallas with 30-40 of my closest friends. It was actually for four of us who are all moving for school (2 MBA, 1 Law, and 1 spouse) in the next month and it was a ton of fun. Thank you LD : )

…I’ve met my first of 326 classmates. We met up for a happy hour near my apartment and had a great time. It will be nice to see a familiar face in London, which if all else goes according to plan, will come into view on August 6th. Fortunately, the anxieties that naturally come along with making a major life change are outweighed by my excitement.