Monday, June 19, 2006

Straight Cash & LBS Schedule

I’m very happy to have finally received verbal confirmation today that my HSBC loan has been approved. Once I get an official loan document, I can apply for my student visa and then finalize both my quit and move dates. The student visa application seems to be fairly straightforward and I will likely fly to LA to apply in person.

Moving forward, I’ve been trying to figure out what my days will be like during the first year at London Business School. The following is what I’ve figured out so far…

Orientation (Aug 28-Sep 29)
Strategic Problem Solving
Understanding General Management
Global Leadership and Assessment for Managers
Business Statistics
Business Communications
Class time: M-F: 9-5

Autumn Term (Oct 2 - Dec 15)
Finance
Managerial Economics
Financial Accounting
Strategy
Ethics
Class time: M: 2-5, T: 9-12, W: 9-12 & 2-5, U: 2-5, F: free

Spring Term (Jan 8 - Mar 23)
Managing Organisational Behaviour
Finance (continued)
Marketing
Decision and Risk Analysis
Discovering Opportunities for Value Creation
1-3 Electives (possibly: Spanish, Bottom-Up Strategy, Fin Eng & Risk Mgmt)

Summer Term (Apr 10 - Jun 15)
MarkStrat (Marketing Simulation)
Operations and Technology Management
Management Accounting
Understanding the International Macroeconomy
1-3 Electives (possibly: Spanish, Adv Corp Finance, Intl Finance)

Internship (July - Sept)