Friday, March 31, 2006

Step one - check

I mailed my official LBS acceptance in yesterday. This included my Commitment Fee, which made me think that I should conserve cash until my loans kick in. One idea I may pursue is to take advantage of a recent credit card offer - 0% APR on purchases for 1 year / sufficient credit limit – to float the substantially larger Reservation Fee until loans kick in. I'm now working through the HSBC loan application and would appreciate comments regarding the process - approved loan amount likelihood if no other debt, alternatives for non-US/UK/EU citizens, etc.

Numerous flat share postings on the LBS Portal have been encouraging. I also learned that at least two other Dallasites have been accepted at LBS. Once the mid-April R2 commit date passes, I plan to get in touch with some of these classmates.


Finally, more encouraging news about the MBA job market from FT.