Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Is this thing on?

After spending the last two months obsessively reading numerous MBA blogs, I realized that I need something more to fill my time with while I wait for the Adcom gods to decide my fate...eureka! my own blog.

A bit about me
I am 28 and living in a twenty-something haze in Dallas, Texas. I have lived, worked, and spent several of my nine lives here over the past six years. At this point, I am ready for a major overhaul – new city, more friendships, and a new profession, hopefully with the help of an MBA.

What now
I am currently on pins and needles (not literally) waiting to get a final decision from a dream program, London Business School. If it works out, I'll begin turning the wheels to gain momentum to make the big jump over the Atlantic in early August. If it doesn’t, I will get smashed (literally). After that, I will either apply to another program or suck it up and wait another year.

What else
Aside from this obsession, I just went through the physical ringer of two bachelor parties – one in Lake Tahoe and one in New Orleans. Both were a ton of fun, surprisingly moral, and involved enough booze to kill several small villages. I’ve now got one more to go to (I guess most people get married in their late twenties) and then the weddings this summer. I’d also like to make a trip out to LA and one to San Francisco over the next several months to visit my sisters and mom, do a hike around Yellow Stone, and possibly go to the Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee.

For now, adios and wish me luck because I will need it.